Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pictures of my "baby"

Not exactly child related, per se, but I am so excited to have my beloved 1958 Cavalier CS-72 back in running shape again after a 14 year hiatus, I had to share a few pictures.
She faithfully vended to the general public in her early years, kept dad's beer cold in my childhood home and again for me in college until the compressor ran out in '97. Now she has a new compressor, a reworked condenser, a few new touches here and there, and with a 'borrowed' coin changer (thanks Todd!), once again vends like new (see video - that's right I took a video). One of the few remnants of my heritage as a would-be fifth generation Coca-cola Bottler if the family hadn't gotten out around the time of the New Coke fiasco.
-Will


1958 Cavalier CS-72: Holds 72 bottles (9 flavors)


A few new reproduction 'dress-up' decals. Not part of the factory model, but often placed on by the bottlers themselves to improve the look of the machine.


9 shelves, 8 bottles per shelf


We are now stocked with lots of glass bottle beverages. I am pretty sure PBR was originally sold in these machines, right?


Once you insert the coin, you can select and remove one bottle of your choice.

1 comment: