Thursday, October 25, 2012

fall!

Sorry about the lack of posts lately...I am still adjusting to my new life as a working mom.  Even though I'm only working 20 hours a week, it is still a big change for me.  I had gotten used to having my mornings to run errands and do chores while the girls were in preschool, but now things have to get done in the evenings or after the girls go to bed.  I don't know how full-time working moms do it!   Anyways, here are some pictures of some of our recent activities.

the girls LOVE jumping in leaves


last week we took the girls to the NC State Fair...we had to make a stop at "Hogway Speedway" for the pig races!
it wasn't just for pigs, though...pygmy goats and ducks also had a chance to race (motivated by cheese doodles)
enjoying a funnel cake
Lilly's favorite thing, the bunny barn
giant pumpkins!
giant watermelons (yes, that watermelon is 180 lbs!)
there is a guy here in Raleigh that makes "monsters" out of construction barrels...this one is Mrs. Barrel Monster (this guy actually got arrested after he made his first Barrel Monster a few years ago, but he has since gained so much attention that folks are now commissioning him to build Monsters...you can Google "Raleigh Barrel Monster" to see more)
we also made a stop to see Big Smokey

1 comment:

  1. I love the state fair. I can't wait to take the boys... maybe a couple more years. I'm glad that work is going well. I have been thinking about you lately, wondering how it was all going.

    ReplyDelete