Yes, I know it's been a long time since I last posted. I won't make lame excuses, and because so much time has gone by, there is no way I can even attempt to catch-up in photos. So I've posted some of the "highlights" since last August, and I'll try to be better about keeping this blog updated in the future. :-)
 |
| last fall we took a trip to the Outer Banks with my parents |
 |
| Will and I climbed the Bodie Island lighthouse with Maggie (Lilly was not tall enough to climb, so she had to stay at the bottom w/ Grandmama and Granddad) |
 |
| we went on a few canoe trips here in central NC... |
 |
| we took a trip to Helen, GA last October for a Summer family reunion |
 |
| 4 generations of the Summer family |
 |
| Lilly's 3rd birthday last October... |
 |
| gummy candy kits from Uncle Chris at Christmas last year... |
 |
| snow... |
 |
| more snow!! |
 |
| more snow!! |
 |
| our snowman |
 |
| in January we took a trip to visit family, including my grandfather in west TN |
 |
| we went on lots of hikes... |
 |
| and several camping trips... |
 |
| we have adopted 2 new beagles, Dan (on the left, he's 2 years old) and Dolly (on the right, she's 3 years old) |
 |
| and Maggie just "graduated" from preschool last week...hard to believe she will start kindergarten in the fall!! |
great pictures! I want to visit the outer banks. where did you go exactly? We may attempt camping this summer, I am excited and nervous. We may rent an RV and try some soft camping to see how it goes.
ReplyDeleteMy folks rented a house on South Nag's Head beach...it was pretty nice, right next to the Cape Hatteras National Seashore. We've gone on a few day trips a bit further south, near Topsail Island, but probably the best time we had was camping at Carolina Beach State Park and poking around Fort Fisher / Kure Beach (although I guess that's not really considered the Outer Banks). But considering we've lived here over 8 years (and Raleigh is only ~ 2.5 hours from the closest beach), it is embarrassing how few times we've been out there!
ReplyDeleteI was pretty nervous about our first camping trip...we had done a test run in the backyard that did NOT go well, so we waited a bit longer to go on the first real trip. But the girls LOVED it, and they really did great! We've gone on many camping trips in the past year and a half (both with friends and just us), and they get sooo excited every time we go. And we camped every night but 1 on our week-long Ichauway reunion trip last spring...I was pretty nervous about that but it actually worked out well.