With temperatures pushing 100 degrees for the past several weeks, and me getting quite large and unable to stand the mid-day heat and humidity for more than about 15 minutes, we've been hanging out inside a lot during the day. Maggie has become enthralled by Sesame Street...particularly Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Grover. Thank goodness for DVR! She really likes to hold her Elmo while watching Elmo. I never thought I'd know this much about Sesame Street as an adult...I find myself humming some of the songs as I'm doing things throughout the day! :-) But she loves it, and she actually is learning something (she can repeat the alphabet and can almost count to 10 on her own already...just skips 3 and 4), and it gives me a chance to sit down with a glass of water and rest my back and feet.
Monday, August 16, 2010
more bed & Elmo
Maggie's been enjoying her new bed, and she's mastered the steps. So far, she stays in bed and doesn't get out and wander around, which was what I assumed would happen at naptime and bedtime. She loves climbing up there to flip through books throughout the day.


With temperatures pushing 100 degrees for the past several weeks, and me getting quite large and unable to stand the mid-day heat and humidity for more than about 15 minutes, we've been hanging out inside a lot during the day. Maggie has become enthralled by Sesame Street...particularly Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Grover. Thank goodness for DVR! She really likes to hold her Elmo while watching Elmo. I never thought I'd know this much about Sesame Street as an adult...I find myself humming some of the songs as I'm doing things throughout the day! :-) But she loves it, and she actually is learning something (she can repeat the alphabet and can almost count to 10 on her own already...just skips 3 and 4), and it gives me a chance to sit down with a glass of water and rest my back and feet.
With temperatures pushing 100 degrees for the past several weeks, and me getting quite large and unable to stand the mid-day heat and humidity for more than about 15 minutes, we've been hanging out inside a lot during the day. Maggie has become enthralled by Sesame Street...particularly Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Grover. Thank goodness for DVR! She really likes to hold her Elmo while watching Elmo. I never thought I'd know this much about Sesame Street as an adult...I find myself humming some of the songs as I'm doing things throughout the day! :-) But she loves it, and she actually is learning something (she can repeat the alphabet and can almost count to 10 on her own already...just skips 3 and 4), and it gives me a chance to sit down with a glass of water and rest my back and feet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love Maggie's quilt!! Archer just recently discovered Sesame Street also. His attention span isn't so great though, he usually only makes it through one or two segments. We usually turn it on around Elmo's world, he likes that.
ReplyDeleteSorry.... the first post was errantly posted by Archer.
ReplyDeleteFunny! I don't know what the deal w/ Elmo is, but little kids seem to love him! Have you seen the episode w/ Cookie Monster and the cookie trees? Maggie LOVES that one! I can't believe I'm comparing notes about Sesame Street! :-)
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen that one. Does Mr. Noodle give you the creeps? I think he is drunk. Do kids like that... it's just creepy. Did you see the episode about nature? It had Jimmy Fallon as Outdoor Survival Nature Guy. We have seen it twice and Archer was intralled both times.
ReplyDeleteMan I wish we got PBS (damn digital TV conversion!). Michael has been sucked in by blues clues since we got him a DVD at Target. Unfortunately our cat food and water dishes have a big blue pawprint in the bottom of them so Michael likes to go digging (or dunking) for "clues" He also knows Dora and shouts "DOORA!" whenever he sees her.
ReplyDeleteI promise I will get some updates up on our blog......
Yeah, Mr. Noodle is creepy! We have the one w/ Jimmy Fallon dvr'ed...that one cracks Will up! I think the camping episode is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteWith Chris and feeding the animals!!! I loved that one too. I have to admit, Archer was pulling stuff out of his toy box and playing off by himself and I was watching it alone.
ReplyDeleteI used to have a crush on the Blue's Clues guy, but I think it is a different guy now... bummer.
ReplyDelete