Monday, May 23, 2011
bigleaf magnolia & big garden
I have a bigleaf magnolia that I grew from seed and that is now planted in my backyard, and this year it has it's first flower! I am pretty excited about it, but unfortunately I waited about a day too late to take a picture of it. So, I'm sorry it is all shriveled and yucky looking, but here it is:
Our garden shares a fence with our neighbor's garden, and this year they agreed to let us take down the fence within the garden and use their space as well. So our garden has just tripled in size...to about 20' x 20'. I know this probably seems piddly to you country folk (Roger), but it seems huge to me! So far, I've planted a bunch of tomatoes, both hot & sweet peppers, okra, blackeyed peas, mustard greens, collards, and a little kale.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awesome! The tree looks great. Our peach trees that I rescued as seedlings from a free tree forestry thing just put on their first fruit and I was very excited. I love the garden. I have a hard time managing my 6 x 12 garden, but I love growing stuff every year.
ReplyDelete