And Maggie is now 18 months old and is becoming quite the little chatterbox. She is even starting to speak in 3- and (occasionally) 4- word sentences ("pretzels are salty!" and "apples are crunchy sweet" are two of her favorite sentences). Every day her vocabulary seems to increase, which is amazing and so much fun. We also decided to go ahead and move her to a "big girl bed" (a twin bed, custom made by Will) this past weekend and move the crib out of her room and into baby girl #2's room. It's only been 2 days (and I don't want to jinx anything), but so far she's been just fine with the transition. We peeked into her room this morning before she woke up, and she was just too cute to resist...we had to get the camera out! She looks so tiny in her new, big comfy bed!
And on a completely different note, our white chickens are laying every day now. One of them is laying big, full size eggs and the other is still laying small eggs. But so far the big eggs have all been double yolk eggs (top and bottom in this picture), which is pretty cool.
I love the bed. I didn't know that Will was so handy. Archer still isn't sleeping through the night. He would be out of that bed so fast...
ReplyDeleteYep, Will is super handy...he's actually made several of the pieces of furniture in our house, as well as helping rebuild a few decks, installing hardwood floors, and remodeling our bathroom. Plus he hunts, cooks, and changes nearly as many diapers as I do. I'm pretty lucky! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm also very lucky in that Maggie is (generally) a fantastic sleeper. She slept through the night at 6 weeks old, and aside from a few nights here and there when she's been sick, she hasn't gone through any periods of waking up at night (or if she does wake up, she goes right back to sleep on her own). She gave up her morning nap at 1 year, but she sleeps so much at night (usually 12 hours) and she still takes a long afternoon nap, so I'm very happy. I've definitely been spoiled in that department...I'm just hoping our next baby will have similar sleep patterns. :-) Can I get that lucky twice??
I also love the bed!! He should totally make and sell them!
ReplyDelete