Saturday, January 28, 2012

natural science museum

It seems like I'm always running about a week behind on my blog posts, but last weekend we took the girls to the N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences here in town. I haven't taken the girls since Lilly has been walking around, and needless to say we had our hands full. Lilly was so excited to not have to sit in the stroller this time, and she was practically running around everywhere, going in all different directions (luckily it wasn't very crowded). Maggie wanted to see all of her favorite exhibits (i.e. the snakes, turtles, and frogs!).

Maggie's favorite part of the museum...the snake exhibit

I reckon I've become "citified" b/c I can't believe I used to see these guys several times a week working in the field down in GA! It's nice to have this museum so close to home, but it does make me really miss all of the nature that used to be right outside of our front door. (I wish Maggie could hear the frogs at night down at Ichauway!)

emerald tree boas in the tropics exhibit

Lilly admiring the dinosaurs (Maggie doesn't like the dinosaurs and was still back at the snake exhibit w/ Daddy)

Lilly running loose

Maggie taking a break by some fish

watching turtles

2 comments:

  1. So cool. I wish that we had more museums close by. There is a science museum in Louisville that is supposed to be good, but it is so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're lucky to have this one so close...it is only about 10 minutes from the house! And the best part is that it's free! There is supposedly a really great one up in Durham, but it costs money (and is probably ~ 30 minutes from the house).

    ReplyDelete